This is a book on the law of unintended consequences dedicated to students, thinkers, dreamers, or the ordinary pilosopo who are encouraged to discover truth--even at the expense of shattering "common sense" or widely shared beliefs--by looking at the data. Each chapter features arguments supported by rigorous attention to facts and clearly linked evidence in a language that is accessible to most readers. The topics covered in this book range from daily concerns like traffic, food, salary, rent to larger industry and environmental concerns like overfishing and logging. The book also tackles controversial topics like sex education, the minimum wage, conditional cash transfer, and unemployment.
This publication has been cited 11 times
- ABS-CBN. 2017. PIDS warns vs. 'unintended consequences' of state policies . ABS-CBN.
- Ed Velasco. 2017. Restrictive labor market stops MSMEs’ growth – PIDS. The Daily Tribune.
- Ehda M. Dagooc. 2017. Job prospects missed due to outdated laws. Freeman.
- Habito, Cielito. 2017. The road to hell…. Philippine Daily Inquirer.
- Jaime Laya . 2021. If something can go wrong, it will. Manila Bulletin.
- Malaya Business Insight. 2017. MSME growth undermined by outdated labor laws. Malaya Business Insight.
- Mangahas, Mahar. 2017. Instinct isn’t enough . Philippine Daily Inquirer.
- Mangahas, Mahar. 2023. ‘Pantawid’ is survey-backed. Inquirer.
- Paqueo, Vicente B.; Orbeta, Aniceto Jr. C.; Llanto, Gilberto M.. 2017. Restrictive labor laws underming MSMEs’. Manila Times.
- Philippine Information Agency. 2017. PIDS launches new book 'Unintended Consequences: The Folly of Uncritical Thinking'. Philippine Information Agency.
- Sicat, Gerardo. 2017. Unintended consequences, or the folly of uncritical thinking. Philippine Star.