Using panel data from about 1,500 farm households and estimating from a logit model, results show that agrarian reform has had a positive impact on farmer beneficiaries. It has led to higher real per capita incomes and reduced poverty incidence between 1990 and 2000. Compared to nonagrarian reform beneficiaries, the agrarian reform beneficiaries tend to have higher incomes and lower poverty incidence. Moreover, complementary inputs such as irrigation, credit and government services tend to increase the chances of farmer-beneficiaries to be nonpoor.
This publication has been cited 8 times
- Bequet, Ludovic. 2021. Agricultural productivity and land inequality. Evidence from the Philippines. MPRA Paper 108131. University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Drbohlav, P., J. Svitálek, and J. Hejkrlík. 2017. Socio-economic assessment of the Philippine agrarian reform. AGRIS on-line Papers in Economics and Informatics, 9, no. 2. Czech University of Life Sciences Prague, Faculty of Economics and Management.
- Fabella, Raul V.. 2014. Comprehensive Agrarian Reform Program (CARP): Time to let go. Philippine Review of Economics, 51, no. 1, 1-18. (via RePEc)University of the Philippines School of Economics and Philippine Economic Society.
- Lanzona, Leonardo. 2019. Agrarian reform and democracy: Lessons from the Philippine experience. MPRA Paper 99166. University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lanzona, Leonardo A. Jr.. 2019. Agrarian reform and democracy: Lessons from the Philippine experience. Millennial Asia,10, no. 3, 272-298. Association of Asia Scholars.
- Llanto, Gilberto M. and Marife M. Ballesteros. 2003. Land issues in poverty reduction strategies and the development agenda: Philippines. Discussion Papers DP 2003-03. Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Nomfundo Mabuza, Nosipho. 2016. Socio-economic impact of land reform projects benefiting from the Recapitalisation and Development Programme in South Africa. Research Theses 243471. Collaborative Masters Program in Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- Gemma Rita R. Marin . 2020. Call and reminder to DAR and landowners. Inquirer.net.