In this study, a spatiotemporal analysis of trends and disparities in health service coverage indicators was conducted using PhilHealth data on insurance claims, membership, and accredited facilities merged with auxiliary datasets from the Department of Health and Philippine Statistics Authority. The results emphasize clear disparities in population coverage, facility coverage, service coverage, and financial protection across different subpopulations.
Comments to this paper are welcome within 60 days from the date of posting. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This publication has been cited 27 times
- Andrade, Jeannette. 2023. More taxes eyed to raise funds to implement UHC Law. Inquirer.
- Business Wire. 2023. Globe group revolutionizes healthcare access in the Philippines with launch of groundbreaking KonsultaMD superapp. Business Wire.
- BusinessMirror. 2023. Sen. Villanueva leads turnover of P50-M med assistance funds to 10 QC hospitals. BusinessMirror.
- Ceballos, Xander Dave. 2023. Healthcare disparity seen in Mindanao—PIDS. Manila Bulletin.
- Celis, Angela. 2023. Out-of-pocket health costs higher for elderly, women, poor, rural Filipinos. Malaya Business Insight.
- Chi, Cristina. 2023. Pandemic preps, wider healthcare access should be new health chief's priorities. Philippine Star.
- Cruz, Beatriz Marie D.. 2023. Taiwan’s Wellell looks to forge PHL partnerships for medical mattresses. BusinessWorld.
- DailyGuardian. 2023. PhilHealth 52% membership coverage in poorest provinces ‘concerning’ – study. DailyGuardian.
- DailyGuardian. 2023. Antique, Guimaras two of 27 PHL provinces with less than 0.5 hospital beds per 1,000 population. DailyGuardian.
- Forbes, Kathleen Jean. 2023. Kalayaan mula sa gastos sa serbisyong medikal, pangarap ng isang mambabatas sa mga Pilipino. Radyo Pilipinas.
- Hospital Management. 2023. Globe Group launches KonsultaMD healthcare app in Philippines. Hospital Management.
- Lagman Jr., Oscar . 2023. Universal healthcare to be set back by gov’t priorities. BusinessWorld.
- Lagman, Oscar P., Jr.. 2023. Universal healthcare is many years away (Opinion piece by Oscar P. Lagman, Jr.). BusinessWorld.
- Manabat, Johnson. 2023. Study shows PhilHealth acts more as 'national purchaser', not insurer. ABS-CBN.
- Manila Standard. 2023. Health for all. Manila Standard.
- Mendoza, Grace Francine. 2023. The health sector under Marcos Jr.’s first year in office. Philippine Collegian.
- Mirasol, Patricia. 2023. PhilHealth members still pay out of pocket in spite of universal healthcare. BusinessWorld.
- Mirasol, Patricia. 2023. Loan app SureServ seeks to enhance healthcare access for working class. BusinessWorld.
- Mirasol, Patricia. 2023. High medicine costs expose widening gap between rich and poor Filipinos. BusinessWorld.
- Oliquino, Edjen. 2023. P7.43-B Covid meds wasted. Daily Tribune.
- Ordinario, Cai. 2023. PIDS study uncovers ‘gaps’ in health insurance coverage. BusinessMirror.
- Pacpaco, Ryan Ponce. 2023. Freedom from ‘out-of-pocket’ medical expenses sought. Journal Online.
- Quismorio, Ellson. 2023. UHC Law can still be improved, says Anakalusugan solon. Manila Bulletin.
- RNT/SA. 2023. PhilHealth coverage sa ilang probinsa, 52% lang – pag-aaral. Remate On-line.
- Sarao, Zacarian. 2023. Some provinces have only 52% PhilHealth coverage – study. Inquirer.
- Senate of the Philippines. 2023. Villanueva leads turnover of P 50 M medical assistance funds to 10 QC hospitals. Senate of the Philippines.
- Sornito, Ime. 2023. Antique, Guimaras have low hospital bed-population ratio; LCEs to improve bed capacity, other facilities. Panay News.